7.07.2008

Double stacked is where it's at!

Great news and results to report from over the weekend! Saturday night while I was at the station I took 2nd out of 295 in a doublestacked 6 max MTT. I actually had to stay an hour and half after my shift to finish up the tournament. Why didn't I win? Well, heads up was three hands with me winning the first two. The final big hand I raised T3c and hit top pair T on the flop. Villain check/called the flop and checked the turn, I shoved and he tanked. He called with A3s with a flush draw, straight draw and the over card and hit his straight to take it down. Only one card away!!! Arg!!!

Oh well the difference was 80 bucks and while that would be very helpful to me, I turned $3.30 into roughly $137. Now the roll's up to 250 and I can sit with the max at .5/.10 cash now. I probably won't though until I can get up to 300.

I'm still sticking with full ring cash games. I won another $2 sng Saturday morning. Saturday night I mainly played tournaments and cash games, straying from my strategy (you know me).

Played live cash game with the guys yesterday and made $15, almost a buy in. The river saved me from getting my aces cracked. I raise 70 cents and of course everyone calls me because that's how our game is. Flop is 4 5 6 and I bet $3, Eric raises me to $7 and I call. The turn is a 2 and I shove and he calls and I suckout the 3 for a split pot. :) Whew!

I'll be out of town over the weekend and I hope to get some good table time at Isle of Capri on my way back from Louisiana. I think I'm just going to go the bonus holdem table with $100 and try and make some quick $ and then go play cash for a little bit. I probably won't have all that much time unless Kristina gets into some kind of game there which I doubt will happen.

No comments: