7.30.2008

Friday 2nd, Sunday Tilt/Small redemption

Friday night Craig hosted a deep stacked $20 with one $10 addon. We had 12 players including a lot of his family members like his brother dad and stepmom. His dad ended up winning and I got 2nd. I played well on the bubble when it came time to start shoving it in, winning a lot of blinds. And the times I did get looked up I ran well. The most interesting hand I played was one early.

It was after we had been playing for about 45 minutes and we were still on two 6 handed tables. I had been playing ridiculously tight for starting with over 200bbs. I get AK in the small blind after 2 people limp for 200. I raise it up to 1,000. Wayne's to my left in the bb and is thinking about it and while he is I say something to the effect of "everyone always calls my raises despite me folding for an hour so just go ahead and call it". So he calls, Jesenia does, and then Rob instashoves for about 5K more. Rob is very loose and often does some completely bizarre nonsensical plays, which actually is even more confusing because he tutors college math students. So I figure my AK to be well ahead of most of his range and I reship it and isolate for my whole stack and he turns over J5s. Ironically he flops a straight draw and two spades and I somehow miraculously manage to dodge all the outs on both remaining streets to win a decent pot.

Now on to Sunday. Went down south to the in laws and my wife gave me the OK to play. So I wanted to try and get into the 750K, which I already know is my weakness. I get the satellite bug and I will blow through $ trying to get in. And that's basically what happened. I played 2 3.30 double shootouts and failed. Then I played a 6max double shootout for $7 and got heads up in the first round and lost. All of these were turbos so by the time I got heads up the stacks would be even around 10bbs a piece.

So I'm on tilt after this. I know I should get up. But then I search my friends names and see Travis in a $26 turbo single table satellite thats' winner take all. So I say fuck it and get in one myself, despite it being way over my bankroll limits even if I hadn't been losing the last 2 hours.

Well I made it heads up and lost again! Pretty much same situation, no chips and I didn't lucky enough. Seriously titled the hell out of me.

Got home and stayed up late. Took 2nd (another fucking 2nd!) in a regular $5.50 and made 8 bucks there. Then took the 8 profit and played a 2 table turbo token sng which I haven't played in a long time and got it. And now I'm just sitting on that for a bit. I may try to get another one soon but I just didn't want to blow that right away. I still haven't decided what I'll use it for though. The last one I had I played a DS Knockout that has big money at the top if you can get there. I may go that direction again but I've been playing a lot of SNGs lately so I may just try to work up the tier system again. That was how I got my first roll boost last year before finishing out great. Who knows maybe it'll work again?

All I know is I'm really sick of short stacking cash games.

No comments: