7.22.2008

I've lost my flame

for analyzation. Maybe it's the vacation and being out of sorts, but I've completely stopped looking back at hand histories. I really need to start up again.

Results have been mixed as of late. Saturday it seemed I was running insanely well. I had two cash sessions where I sat with $5 and tripled it in less than an hour. Also that afternoon I went to Merkaba's in the hopes of getting heads up for a guaranteed $50 with an $100 for first place. I did make the final table but I got knocked out in 7th place unfortunately.

I'll tell you it was a fun run though. After the break I was in shove/fold mode and it was working for me this time. I shoved 3 times and took the blinds and/or limps. Once with Q8, K9 and AQd. Then the big hand for me was picking up AK in the bb against two limpers, one lady who was getting visibly frustrated with my previous shoves. So I shoved again and both of them called me, lady had JTc and the other AQc. Flops all blanks, she turns the T, and I river the A for a roughly 90K pot.

My plateau point was around 150K and I just could never get past that it seemed. After moving tables I got slick again and iso shoved a lady who also had slick and we chopped.

I did make a really weird play at this table when blinds were 10/20K. Brad shoves from LP for 10K and he has a lot of blues (worth 50 bonus points each). It folds to me in the small blind and I have Q4o. I check out the bb's stack and we have roughly the same amount of 120-150K. I reraise to 80K and he reluctantly folds after some thought, and really regrets it when he sees my hand. Brad on the other hand shows KK and takes it down, but I break even on the play by collecting the bb's 10K extra.

Shoved twice at the final table. Once with A5d and was called by bb who absolutely had to call with 84o based on the math and where the blinds were at. He flopped the 4 and I rivered the 5 to stay alive. Final hand I shove Q9o utg for 140K with blinds about to go up to 30/60K and sb calls me with AK. Flop is K J x. Turn is an A. River blank and I'm out. :/

Better luck next time. These tournaments can be fun when you run well but that's essentially what you have to do. Blinds are just so high and fast in the end there's nothing you can do except sit back and watch how bad other people play. So many people limp/fold with 10bb or less it's so sad.

No comments: