7.20.2007

IBlufftheRiver

I got home after work last night and sat down in a .5/.10 cash game. There was a player there named Iblufftheriver. I was looking at his name and thinking, I wonder if that's really true. So I decided that I was going to check a river to him and see if he really did bluff the river.

I picked up an AK against him early and re-popped his .35 raise to $1. I hit the TPTK on the flop and led for another buck, making it a $3 pot now. He raised it $2 more and he had about $3.85 behind so I just shoved on him there. He folded and I took it down.

That set up this hand. I have TT in the sb. IBlufftheRiver raises to .35 again. This time I just raise it up to 80 cents. He calls and we're heads up again. I flop a ten and lead out for .75, he calls. Turn brings a 2nd diamond and a straight draw. I bet 1.25 and I'm pretty sure he raised me up to like 3 something and I just called. River puts a 4 card straight on the board and I'm a little nervous but I still think I have the best hand and decide to go for the check/call. Sure enough he bets out $4 and some change and I call and he turns over K5d for a busted flush draw.

What do you know, IBlufftheRiver lived up to his name! It's so funny when people give you way too much information about their play. My friend Craig is the WORST when it comes to this. He thinks he's being really friendly/tricky by saying he has a pair, or "I'm on a flush draw come on diamond!". I keep telling him he's lucky no one's consistently playing back at him because he's basically telling the truth 95% of the time. If people would just pay attention and listen to him he'd be losing so much money and wondering why. I think I've figured out too that when he shuts up he's most likely on a bluff.

No comments: