7.16.2007

Brief Weekend Report

Kristina spent the weekend at her mom's, so I ended up putting in a lot of hours this weekend.

I took 38/1710 players in a $11 Midnight Madness tournament. I've figured out that my best MTT results come from when I play super squeeky tight and very selective aggressive. Usually all in or fold in most cases because the blinds get high.

That's what I did in this tournament and I did what I could to survive the late rounds but unfortunately I just couldn't pick up a strong hand to double up and make a run at the final table. I eventually pushed KJs utg and ran into AK. I hit the 2nd diamond on the turn but was unable to go runner runner to double.

I'm happy that this is like the 3rd big MTT that I've finished well in this month. I had the 3rd in the $3 turbo against like 600 people. Then I had another cash in a $5 MTT this month too where it was like 19/400 something I think.

It's really making me want to focus more energy on them. Getting so close to the 4 figure payouts just makes me HUUUUNNNNGGGRRRYYYY.

No comments: