2.06.2008

FTOPS tonight!

I really wanted to go out and play live bar poker last night but with FTOPS starting up this week I decided to stay in and try to earn some tokens to use in satellites.

Earned 2 tokens in about 5 games, then used one for a satellite to FTOPS #1 that starts tonight. 67 players, 7 get a seat and 8th gets cash. After being pretty low for the first hour and not doing much, I got on a little heater during the last 3 tables and had a good stack near the bubble. I actually took out the 10th and 8th place finishers coming from behind with KQ>A7 and AJ>AQ. So yeah, I got the seat, my 2nd FTOPS seat this series. Tonight's a $216 750K guarantee with Jonathan Little as the host. 1st will be well over 100K.

My other seat is the $129 KO tourney on Sunday afternoon, where each KO gets you $20. That one is hosted by a German player I've never heard of. FTP has been adding European players like crazy!

So yeah I'm happy that I'm getting to play more FTOPS events than the Main Event like the last two times. I still need to satellite into the ME between now and next Sunday. I liked have so many seats up for grabs last night so I might try to get in a $75 satellite to increase my chances this time. We'll see what happens, and I'll be sure and update my progress in the first two events.

Wish me luck!

No comments: