11.21.2008

Thanks TFPL for making job interviews and bank visits comical

The Fantasy Poker League is the bar poker company I worked for up until May of this year. TFPL is actually the public brand name, but the company that owns TFPL is "Got the Nuts LLC". This often ilicits a smile from someone who comes across the company name and doesn't know poker vocabulary.

I had an interview with an FBI agent this afternoon. We went over an application I submitted to gain access to a secure database my dayjob uses regularly. It was a very lengthy application asking me for residences in the last 7 years, people who knew me at each and could verify, etc. So when he got to the employment history asking about part time jobs he couldn't help but laugh at Got the Nuts.

So, for those who don't know, the nuts is an unbeatable hand in poker. No matter what cards are on the board or in your opponents hand you can't be beaten. Likewise, you never want to hear your opponent say "I got the nuts" after you've called their bet on the river. It leaves no room for interpretation, if they've got the nuts, you can't win.

So thank you Luis, for creating a company name that future employers and cashier girls at the bank can giggle at when I deposit your checks. Well, at least they did when I still worked for Got the Nuts.

1 comment:

*Lin* said...

LoL!!! Every time dad & I are talking poker, my mom tells us to go turn over & flop in the river...

sheesh... they really hurried up on your interview, didn't they?