8.20.2008

Quick update

I think it goes without saying if I'd had a big cash on Sunday in the FTOPS that I wouldn't wait until Wednesday to blog about it. So yeah, no dice. I really didn't do much the entire first hour except check raise the latest red pro, Russian Nikolay Evdakov who had 10 cashes at the WSOP this year, when I had top pair QJ.

I also had an FTOPS winner at my table, Captain Biskit, who won 4x 6 max shootout event earlier this month and eventually took me out with pocket AA. The basic action went I small raised his bb with 67o and he smooth called. The flop came 6 5 3. He checks, I bet 600 into the 960 pot and he reraises me. We were both playing about the same stat wise, really tight. Only he had more chips than I did. The board was also flushing in addition to the straight possibilties so I thought I could 3bet him here and maybe get him off a mid pair or something.

All in all I didn't really think about the action and that a tight solid player is check/raising me here. But you know internet players check/raising drawy boards is so standard these days I don't think you can always give people big pairs in this situation. And percentage wise assuming all my 10 outs are in the deck still I could be in much worse shape getting the $ in with two cards to come.

I think I more or less played impatiently and that's ultimately what cost me the tourney. But you know, I also don't want to play super scared in these things either because I really want to win and go deep and get chips early from bad players too. It's just a shame there were only a couple of them at my table and they got knocked out VERY fast by the two big pros. :/

I did have an extremely good cash session later that night, followed up by another on Monday night so I really can't complain overall. Right now I just want to make sure I don't move up again too fast and more than that I want to focus on building good sized samples over the next 2-3 months so I can really assess my game. So there will be more multitabling 5/10 cent 6 max than I've had a chance to all year.

Poker's exciting again! Woot!

No comments: