5.09.2009

Satellite Sunday

I haven't played any poker at all since Sunday night before I started training at my new job. The hours have been 8-5 and after that I've mostly just been spending time at home with Kristina this week just chillin.

Out of nowhere I got an $45 affiliate bonus this month for players that I already have signed up earning 200 points? I wasn't even aware I could still make money off of players once I got their initial bonus money. I'm certainly not complaining, but like all big bonus money it's so much easier to spend because it isn't "earned". So even though I haven't played one hand of cards this week I've signed up for the $33 200K Stiumulus tourney that FTP is running. It's a mega satellite for the ginormous crapshoot $1K WSOP tourney plus $1500 in travel expenses.

It's really exciting because this is the first real shot I've ever taken to try and get to Vegas. But even if I win I'm still not quite sure what I'll do. There's a very good chance I'll just keep the money in my roll and just grind with it. The main determinate will have to be what my work situation ends up being.

So I've started this new tech support job but I'm under 90 day temp status essentially. I'm also interviewing for another better paying job on Monday. Regardless of where I end up I'm probably not going to be able to immediately ask for a day or two off to go to Vegas. Eh I'm really just getting ahead of myself.

One last thing is I'm trying to install World of Warcraft on my external harddrive. It's taken HOURS starting from last night and lasting still through this very moment. SO annoying and I know it's not going to be worth it, but I have got to understand what the fuck everyone is talking about in training.

No comments: