9.25.2007

Quick report from last night.

Made like $5 in the 6 max cash game.
Almost started accumulating down the stretch in an $11 MTT, but got 2 outered.
Lost a 10.5 Heads Up SNG.
Lost $10 in the .5/.10 nlhe cash game.
Made FT of another 5.5 45 man SNG, but bubbled in 8th.

FINALLY some good results:
Scored a $75 token last night in Tier two.

So now I have one $75 and two $26 tokens. No more guarantee tournaments until I cash in a Tier 3 at least. I have a feeling I'll be back up to $800 beore October's over.

That $11 MTT was so lame because of all the false hope I had before busting. I had a few hands early to get an ok lead (but I don't think I ever got above 3K). Then I just played my rocky short stack game taking what blinds I could. Finally got 99 in lp, it's folded around to me I shove and J8d calls me in the bb. I make a 4 card straight on the river to double to just over 5K (blinds at 150/300 a?)

Very next hand I'm dealt AKo. Two limp in ep for 300, I raise to 1900. Called by one in lp and the first limper. Flop is K T T with two hearts. Limp checks, I instashove for 3K and change. LP caller dumps AQ (and says so in the chat; I really hate it when people do this) and the original limper goes into the tank. Meanwhile everyone at the table is egging him on to call me and that I'm bluffing. Limper decides to call and tables 88, so I've got him crushed to the two remaining 8s, and he gets there on the river.

False hope sucks in tournament poker.

No comments: