10.08.2009

Peter Eastgate takes 2nd - EPT London Main Event

Aaron Gustavson Wins PokerStars EPT London Main Event - Poker News - CardPlayer.com

Besides Phil Ivey, I think one of the bigges stories in this year's main event are the repeat runs that both Dennis Phillips and Peter Eastgate. It's hard to imagine that anyone could ever really go back to back in the fields that have been generated since the Moneymaker boom.

Obviously Dan Harrington is the man with repeat final tables in 03 and 04, followed very closely by Greg Raymer. I think someone could definitely do what Harrington did again, but back to back wins? That's a whole notha story. :)

Last year's final table I said if I was putting money on anyone to win it was Ivan Demidov. The guy is fearless and after he mad the November 9 he went to London and took 3rd in the WSOP Europe main event.

This year TWO November Niner's made the WSOPE final table: Antoine Saout and James Akenhead. Even earlier than that Kevin Schaffel took 2nd to Prahlahd Friedman in the WPT Legend of Poker not long after the WSOP was done. So who do you put money on this year? Hell if I know! I mean, obviously we all are rooting for Ivey to take it down. But beyond that I think based on the results of these guys the last few months it seems to be anyone's game.

I will say that the chip leader Darvin Moon is an interesting dude. He's determined to stay a regular guy and if does take it down, it looks like he'll probably go Jerry Yang style and disappear for the rest of the year. Anyone can win this thing though, and I'm very excited to see what happens this year and in the rest of the coverage on ESPN leading up to the final table.

No comments: