9.16.2009

Oh snap he's posting a lil something

It is my Friday "night" right now. I should be in bed so I don't wake up all late, but I'm not. I'm up, 2 cups of coffee in me and playing on Full Tilt. I've really been enjoying the WSOP coverage. I'm finally caught up with the Main Event episodes. :) I got to spend a little time watching some of it with my buds Bruce and Eric last week which was nice.

So anyways playing some cash this morning and just had this big hand I thought I'd share. The guy had some pretty bad stats on display and I'd seen him make some overbets at pots frequently. I thought about raising the flop because scare cards could hit the turn, but I couldn't call a 3bet so I opted to call and see the turn. When he bet the turn quickly I really didn't think he had a big pair, but I did think he could call me with a draw, and to do that on the turn he's probably pretty far behind. Turns out I was in even better shape. :)


Full Tilt Poker Game #14734218947: Table Gaeta (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 10:54:34 ET - 2009/09/16
Seat 1: Dray ($16.19)
Seat 2: Meazymoney ($5.67)
Seat 3: Tilt-Shunyata ($11.78)
Seat 4: galapagos06 ($8.97)
Seat 5: chp0k ($10)
Seat 6: stinker1978 ($10)
Tilt-Shunyata posts the small blind of $0.05
galapagos06 posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Dray [9d Kc]
Dray has 15 seconds left to act
Dray raises to $0.40
Meazymoney folds
Tilt-Shunyata folds
galapagos06 has 15 seconds left to act
galapagos06 calls $0.30
*** FLOP *** [2s 9h 2h]
galapagos06 bets $0.90
Dray calls $0.90
*** TURN *** [2s 9h 2h] [8c]
galapagos06 bets $1.70
Dray has 15 seconds left to act
Dray raises to $14.89, and is all in
galapagos06 has 15 seconds left to act
galapagos06 calls $5.97, and is all in
Dray shows [9d Kc]
galapagos06 shows [9c Th]
Uncalled bet of $7.22 returned to Dray
*** RIVER *** [2s 9h 2h 8c] [Qc]
Dray shows two pair, Nines and Twos
galapagos06 shows two pair, Nines and Twos
Dray wins the pot ($16.99) with two pair, Nines and Twos
galapagos06 is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $17.99 | Rake $1
Board: [2s 9h 2h 8c Qc]
Seat 1: Dray showed [9d Kc] and won ($16.99) with two pair, Nines and Twos
Seat 2: Meazymoney (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: Tilt-Shunyata (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: galapagos06 (big blind) showed [9c Th] and lost with two pair, Nines and Twos
Seat 5: chp0k is sitting out
Seat 6: stinker1978 is sitting out

2 comments:

*Lin* said...

nice... haven't been able to watch much of the WSOP yet, but have it all recorded. Dad says he's gonna play in it next year...

Dray said...

That would be sweet. They're running the $1000 stimulus special tournament again next year. It was a huge hit this past Series.

I've always said if I've got a couple grand to play at the WSOP I'd be playing the satellites.

I think they just give you chips when you when so you can turn right around and spend those on more satellites. That'd be my plan, try to work it up to a Main Event buyin. :)

But man just to play in that tournament you'd have to take quite a bit of time off in case you go deep. That's always been my other issue with playing that. But if you satellite and cash, that would more than pay for that time.