9.18.2009

Another deep run tonight.

Last night I played 2 tournies, a $3.30 deep stack and a $5.50 bounty 6 max. I went deep in both, moreso in the 6 max. 19/368 players and claimed 7 $1 bounties altogether. It was a pretty crazy rollercoaster towards the end where I was putting some pretty bad beats on people. I really thought I'd end up final tabling just because of that, but alas feel short. $12 profit altogether. I had chips in the $3.30 for a while but didn't end up cashing.

My sleep schedule was all out of wack today because I was up all night, slept for 4 hours and then got up to go to my wife's doctor's appointment. We also went grocery shopping too, and rather than take a nap I wanted to stay up so I could watch the season premiere of Fringe - one of my FAVORITE shows on TV. The only thing I don't like about Fringe is that there's never any resolution! :) They just keep things hanging all the time. So we both crashed out after the show and I woke up at 2am and jumped into the same $3.30 deep stack tourney. Instead of the $5.50 I opted for another $3.30, a turbo deep stack bounty sng, for my 2nd table.

I got 2nd in that one and for the first time used the new "make a deal" feature that full tilt FINALLY implemented after years of there being no way to do that. It's really easy because they do all the math for you, the default I guess is chopping it up based on ICM (Independent Chip Modeling). I know I'm going to botch this explanation but that calculates your equity for the prize pool based on your chip count. I really don't understand this math side of poker very well, but to make things simpler - the deal basically got my an extra $9. The difference between 2nd and first place was $20 essentially and since we had nearly even chips, we halfed that $20. If he had me 3-1 in chips then I probably would only have gotten and extra 2 or 3 bucks. In which case making a deal probably wouldn't have really mattered. But overall it was a $50 profit and as Jules and Vincent would say in Pulp Fiction: "We Happy."

I cashed 28/377 in the $3.30 deep stack as well. It was sick at the end I ran into Aces TWICE with my big playable hands on the bubble. LOL so for a 3 hour game I made less than $2.

But hey, I'm pretty amazed that I've had 4 pretty deep tournament runs this month with the small sample size I've put in. Even though tournies don't pay much until the end, I still think they're more exciting than cash games. It just seems I get so bored in cash games for whatever reason. Tournaments always have the element of excitement and anticipation which I've always liked, even if you can make more money from cash games.

So anyways I'll probably be up for a few more hours, I go back to work tonight. :( I will leave with a movie recommendation, and that is Vicky Cristina Barcelona starring Scarlett Johanssen Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem, who most people will recognize as the villain from No Country For Old Men. Cruz won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role in it this past year. It's a Woody Allen movie, romantic comedy but not your typical Matthew Mcconaughey or Jennifer Aniston style blockbuster formula.

It's a story of 2 friends, Vicky and Cristina, who go to Barcelona for the summer and have 2 completely opposite views on love. Vicky's engaged to be married - values committment and stability. Cristina is passionate and free spirited - she knows what she doesn't want (typical accepted relationship standards), but she also doesn't know WHAT she wants. They meet a painter (Bardem) who's known for his publicized fiery split with his ex wife (Cruz) and he invites the girls to fly with him to a small Spanish town to go look at sculptures. It really just takes off from there - but I just think that the script is great and there are lot of great interactions between the characters and a LOT of really funny moments.

So yeah, I recommend it. LOL

No comments: