11.07.2007

Just one of those nights

Went to check out a live .50/$1 cash game last night. I'm essentially buying in with the $100 that Craig owes me from LA, only he already lent me $30 of it.

It was just one of those sessions where not only was I pretty card dead, but the hands I did get just couldn't hold up. The one big pot I could have won I got pushed out by an idiot lady who decide to bluff her last $28 into a dry sidepot. I had raised pre to $4 with 22 in ep, she called and Tony shoved on a short stack for like $6.50 more. I called and the lady called. Flop is Q Q 3 and she shoves for $28 and I instamuck. Lo and behold the 2 came on the turn and I had her K4 completely dead.

The only pairs I had all night got cracked. TT by AQ, 88 by Jx, etc.

We finally get a new deck to play with after using the same one for over 3 hours, and wouldn't you know it I get dealt AK the first hand. At this point I'm down to $25 from my initial $100 buyin. I raise to $4 and get 3 callers including the lady. Flop is all lows like 3 3 4 with two spades. I have the Ks. Everyone checks. Turn is a 2 of spade. BB checks and I shove for $21 more and get called by the lady with QQ, saying she knows she's beat but whatever. So anyways I whiffed on all my outs on the river and that was that.

I'm sure my face showe my discontent with the whole night. I seriously think I won maybe two hands the entire time I was there. Bleh.

No comments: